About Dr. Rosisella Puglisi
- More than 10 years of experience in planning and conducting food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of various diseases.
- Extensive knowledge in supervising activities of a department providing quantity food services, counseling individuals, and conducting nutritional research.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
- Experience in the principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
University of Cattolica Sacro Cuore di Gesù. RomeItaly.
Master Degree in Clinical Nutrition (December 2008).
University of Barcelona. Spain
Course of Nutrition in the Digestive Diseases. (2006)
University of Navarra. Spain
Course of Nutrition and Obesity. (2004)
University of CentralVenezuela.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition (July 2002)
School St Ignatious of Loyola, Caracas
Bachiller (High School) in Science
Dietitian/ Nutritionist: March 2008 – Nowadays . Freelance. RomeItaly.
Nutrition Speciailst Research: March 2007 – March 2008. University Cattolica Sacro Cuore di Gesù. Rome, Italy
- Research program about “Hydrogel” a pill made of cellulose to loose weight naturally. Researched made in Patients at Gemelli’s hospiatal.
Dietitian/ Nutritionist: July 2002 – March 2007. Hospital Universitario de Caracas. Venezuela
- Educate and advise a wide range of patients with dietary-related disorders on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by adopting healthier eating habits.
- Translate the science of nutrition into everyday information about food.
- Calculate parenteral’s nutrition for patients.
- Calculate enteral nutrition for patients.
- Provided medical nutrition therapy to dialysis patients, provided services to center staff as well as consulting the entire medical staff.
- Give medical nutrition therapy along with diabetes education, self-care training to clinical research subjects. Staff nutritional counselor.
- Calculate patients’ nutritional requirements using standard equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, mobility and other relevant factors.
- Other responsibilities include: Analyzing the nutritional content of food (including new products, if working in the food industry), delivering group sessions to a variety of audiences including children and patient groups, working as part of a multidisciplinary team in hospitals or in a community setting to gain patients’ cooperation in following recommended dietary treatments.
- Teach other healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, biochemists, health professionals, social workers, care workers, community groups) about food and nutrition issues.
- Write articles for local and national newspapers and newsletters and advise hospital catering departments about the specific dietary requirements of patients.
- Distribute and disseminate nutrition resources/ information.
Nutrition Specialist: September 2002 – March 2007, Venezuelan’s ObesityCenter
- Interviewing patients and identifying their particular needs before and after Gastric Band’s surgery
- Explain the difference of quantity and quality of each day diet after the Gastric Band Surgery.
- Helping following control of weight, measures, blood chemicals each patient after surgery.
- Nutrition Education for Obese patients.
Spanish, English, Italian, Portuguese.
Italian Dietitian’s Association
Venezuelan Dietitian’s Association
Venezuelan Obesity Association.
Follow me on facebook: S.O.S Nutrizionista
Youtube: TheRosisella Channel